Thursday, April 7, 2011

i.r.o.n.y.

What could be more ironic? After my last post, where I was joking about Zoe's first word that she can spell being h-i-t, she h-i-t her friend on the head with a shovel, and the shovel had a sharp edge (not being intended for use as a whapper), and her friend ended up in the hospital with 2 staples in her head. Nice. I don't think Zoe will hit again. (There are so many bad consequences! Not to mention that she loves her friends, and was sad that she had gotten hurt.)

Zoe has (also) been doing the cutest thing that I need to record.  She has been learning about the earth's creation at church, and at home saying things like "When Heavenly Father made our house..." or "I'm so glad Heavenly Father gave us this dinosaur washcloth!"  I remember Pierce one time was missing a lego toy that he really wanted, so he said a prayer, and then found it in another room.  He told me that Heavenly Father "reached down and put it in the basket."  I love their faith.  And I feel like they're almost exactly right - Heavenly Father did bless us with the means to buy this house (and the dino washcloth), and blessed someone with the inspiration to design & build it just the way we like it.  And He blessed Pierce to know where to look for his special lego (which he had earlier left in the basket). 

Oh, another thing - this is Zoe's "Julee" dress.  She wears it a lot.  It's very teeny so I make her wear tights and a leotard under it in the winter, but that is a rather unsatisfying way to dress up, so she's always very relieved when it's warm enough out that she doesn't have to wear anything under it.


I got a new light - it's a ring light & it makes this cool catchlights in your eyes.  I hope I use it a lot. :)  Mattie & Zoe modeled it for me.

2 comments:

  1. What a FUN! day at the springs!!! I love the light ring-thingy. ;) Where is the Julie dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ring flash! I noticed it in Zoe's eyes right away, and I really like it! I love the stories about Zoe...she's reformed, I'm sure. Whew!

    ReplyDelete