Sunday, June 1, 2014

Zoe's ballet recital

It's Zoe's last ballet recital! Well, who knows, maybe she will take ballet again someday. But  her teacher, Miss Nicole, is going off to college in the fall. So we are going to be done with her ballet class, which Zoe has been faithfully attending for a couple of years now. (And that is okay, because Zoe has PLENTY of things to keep her busy! And honestly I see her more as athletic than graceful.)

Her recital had a princess theme, and their costumes were really cute. Oh, and their hair was supposed to be curled - I tried to do ringlets but it turned out just curly instead. She was deeply disappointed that it wasn't in ringlets, her favorite. But she loves getting dressed up soooooooo much and really especially loves to dance on the stage! So she was excited. (Dancing on the stage is by far her favorite part of ballet lessons - not so much the dancing, for her it's all about the STAGE.)


I took a couple of class pictures for them. Such pretty girls! (The older girl is Nicole's younger sister, who also likes to dance, she's just older than the rest of the class.)




And then, I made a terrible mistake! I thought I'd videoed the first dance that Zoe was in, which was her very favorite, to the tune of the snowman song from Frozen, which is her favorite song also. But I got it wrong, no video, ugh. I did get the second dance, which she didn't like nearly as well, but here it is anyway:



And a picture of Zoe on stage after it was over. Great job Zoe!



1 comment: