I'm not sure why this picture is here, but as long as it is, I'll write about it so I don't forget. This is a compilation of their pictures from the Mt. Everest ride. It's hard to see (they don't actually like you to take pictures of their pictures) but you can see how happy we all are!
On Saturday we decided to take a theme park break. (I know, can you believe we wanted a break???) We went to Wekiva Springs, one of Florida's many natural springs, and a state park we'd never been to before. It was SO beautiful. Unfortunately it wasn't clear from the website that the main activity was really going to be swimming, so we weren't super prepared for that. Mattie forgot to bring her suit at all (we wrapped her up in my swimsuit) and most of the adults didn't bring one either. But we bought some snorkels (even though we had some at the house too...) and the kids - & Matt - had a fantastic time in the beautiful spring water.
It wasn't really very warm, but with a towel to wrap up in, and some sandwiches and snacks, it was great!
We happened to be there on a day when the parks service was sponsoring an art contest. So there were a bunch of painters competing to finish paintings in just a couple of hours. This guy was a pro, and not in the competition (I thought doing such a big painting was kind of showing off). Some of the paintings were great, some I did not love. His painting was... certainly big and striking! In any case, how neat is it to go to a park with lots of artists!
I believe the kids were capturing tiny little fish in a mesh sack for their own "aquarium".
Seeing this really makes me want to go back!
Zoe had to be coerced to go in the water. The water wasn't real warm, and the day wasn't real warm, so she mainly wanted to look at the water and eat snacks. But we rented the life jacket, and I thought she should get some use out of it!
We all went on a really nice nature walk along some boardwalks and trails.
And then suddenly we were all hungry for dinner, and the bitey little flies came out, and we took off in a hurry. But it was a wonderful way to spend the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment