First of all, you need to know that Gael is the principal and founder of Family School. (Snow Gael is just the fairy tale version, played by Tiffany, of Real Gael.) Second - the kids use "reframers" to approach problems. There are 16 different reframers to help you ask smart questions and think about things differently as you expand your learning, including comparing, abstracting, defining, and Zoe's reframer (in the play) of utility (what is it used for?).
The play starts out with a little bit of a wait at the beginning, sorry about that, and obviously I'm too lazy to edit the video (which is not my strength). They have a cute and then a fun song. Matt and I were very impressed at how smoothly it all went and how confident the kids sounded. They are a really sweet little class. Most of the kids are in 2nd grade, 15 of them, and the other 4 are in first grade (Zoe is one of them). They are very nice and supportive and helpful and there's not one of them that I am sorry to have in Zoe's class. How many classes can you say that about? Another great thing is that her teacher, Miss Jennifer, is teaching the class again next year. It won't be just the same but most of the same kids will be back. I really really like Jennifer, and I feel like she gets Zoe very well, so I'm very happy about this. Also Zoe will definitely benefit from not having to get to know and trust another teacher - hopefully she will be brave and participate in class much earlier in the year this next school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment