I did video one segment - actually I meant to video the whole thing, but the battery ran out much faster than I thought it would. Sorry about that, Mattie and Pierce. So here are some pictures of the first evening, and I'll post the video that I have at the bottom of the page.
Mattie has agreed to be my guest blogger so she will describe the pictures. Thanks Mattie!
The set was designed so that the students' heads could be seen over the puppet stage. The Shadow performed before the story part of the play started.
Michael, John, Wendy, Mrs. Darling, and Nana in the nursery.
Mrs. Darling tells Mr. Darling about Peter.
Nana is put into the doghouse.
Peter sings, "I Gotta Crow" after Wendy sews on his shadow.
This is the scene when Wendy is shot by Tootles.
The Forgotten Girls discuss how to stop the Lost Boys from eating the pirates' poisoned cake.
This is John and Michael sitting in Tinkerbell's chair in the underground home.
Tinkerbell in the underground home
Wendy in the underground home
This is the setup for the scene in Peter and the Lost Boys' home.
The Lost Boys, Forgotten Girls, Wendy, John, and Michael are on the pirate ship after being captured by the pirates.
The crocodile eats Captain Hook.
The Lost Boys and Forgotten Girls are adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Darling.
These pictures are from the bow at the end of the play. This is Pierce with Michael.
This is Mattie with Wendy.
And this is the very end, when Peter takes a bow.
Here are the puppets hanging up backstage:
Mrs. Darling
John
Captain Hook
Smee
Mary, a Forgotten Girl
Another Forgotten Girl
Starkey, the pirate Mattie played
Mr. Darling
Wendy
Peter
Mattie and Pierce really wanted me to video their second performance (the first one I was supposed to be taking stills for their teacher). So I got the gigantic memory card cleared off, charged the battery, thinking I'd use our smaller camera, which is usually better for video anyway. Wrong choice! The battery only lasted a little while, sadly. So here is the first part of Peter Pan, before the camera clicked off.
And here is a short bit a little while later, when I thought I might be able to squeeze a tiny bit more battery out. Sort of.
Overall, we loved the performances! Great job to Mattie and Pierce. Pierce started the year telling their teacher that he would never perform in play, and he ended up acting two parts, Michael and a lost boy (there were 22 puppets and only 11 kids) and even had a short singing solo. Mattie played Wendy, a big part, and one of the pirates (so cute). Their music was a lot of fun, the lines were delivered smoothly and the dialogue was witty. Their teacher took the play from the book Peter Pan, not the Disney movie, so it was a little different, but still very recognizable and just a lot of fun. Great job!
No comments:
Post a Comment