Sunday, July 14, 2019

Pierce's Eagle project

I hope I will get back to my Europe trip pictures! But in the meantime, I have some fun pictures from Pierce's Eagle project, which was the week after we got home.

Here he is with the lady whose yard needed to be fixed up. This picture just makes me happy that there are Eagle scout projects and that he was willing to do one.


Here are many of our friends who helped:




And some before/after pictures I put together (I didn't always stand in the same spot like I should have!):












Here's the report we sent to the stake service person (Pierce is still working on - or more likely plans to work on soon - his official report):

Pierce Christison’s Eagle project was on Saturday June 15th. He partnered with the City of Albuquerque’s Department of Senior Affairs to clean up a senior citizen’s yard that had been reported to the city, and who didn’t have any family in the area to help her. The city provided two large trailers, 2 guys, and a lot of tools. Pierce invited as many people as he could to help, and 25 people came. The city’s goal was to have the two large trailers filled with yard waste.

The lady whose yard was cleaned was Mrs. B. She is 100 years old and lives alone. She seemed very appreciative and was very kind to Pierce and the other workers. She had a couple of requests that they were able to meet. The city reported that our group removed 4200 pounds of yard waste.

The people who did the yard work were cheerful and extremely hard-working. It was fun to help someone who couldn't physically do it on her own, yet was required by the city to clean up.  Pierce says he really appreciated the help from the city and the opportunity to help Mrs. B.



No comments:

Post a Comment