Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little engineers

I need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't need to be a big deal to update this blog. :) I have plenty of fun pictures that should be posted! For instance, one day at least a month ago, I went into Pierce's room to see him and Mattie constructing this really fun ride for their toy hamsters. (We have a large and thriving family of toy hamsters!)  I'm not sure where they got the idea, but they made a carnival-type ride that eventually ended up holding all 8 hamsters (I think there are more now) and could spin them around without tipping.  Great engineering!  (Matt and I are naturally very proud.)


Oops, there they go!


Some repairs.








Hamsters tenderly placed.



They ended up taking it all apart and making a sturdier base, and then the whole thing worked perfectly. But in these videos you can see even before modifications, it worked pretty well!

The preparation:

Here it is actually running.

No comments:

Post a Comment