Sunday, November 2, 2014

October stuff

Lots of great things happened in October! Here are a few fun things I found on my camera.

A partial solar eclipse! The kids were doing homework and I was working when I saw someone post on facebook that there was a partial solar eclipse RIGHT THEN! We dashed out into the garage and found the eclipse glasses that Matt got the last time, and we had a great time looking at the bite out of the sun. I manufactured a high-quality lens cover enabling me to take pictures of the sun (made of cardboard, tape, and some eclipse glasses). The kids like the red sun best, but I like black & white.

The sunspot is real, isn't that cool? I think this was about the maximum point of the eclipse.


We have had some rain this fall, which some years absolutely does not happen. This was even a double rainbow, but by the time my camera came out, this was "all" we could see.


Here is Zoe while watching "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" when they were trying to get away from the Egyptians. She later claimed that it wasn't scary at all.


Another Zoe moment - she had a really loose tooth and she kind of wanted Matt to tie it to a string and then tie the other end to a car, then back the car up and pull her tooth out. When it came right down to it, she didn't want that at all. They tried tying the string to the garage door and closing the door, but that did not work. Or then again, she decided that it did *sort of* work because right after that she ran inside and just pulled it out herself, so maybe the string trick loosened it up even more.




Pierce's team seems to like my soccer pictures, but Zoe's team is very uninterested. This is her 4th year with the team (or is it her 3rd year?) and they have only once had me take team photos, and nobody was really interested in them that time. So I don't bother, but she did take this very characteristic picture with me when I did pics for Pierce's team.


I realized that I had taken some action shots of Pierce and his team, but hadn't brought a camera to Zoe's game. This was a good one to take pictures at - the girls won by quite a bit. It's been kind of a rough season for Team America, for various reasons, but in the last few games Zoe has played awesome!
























No comments:

Post a Comment