Monday, November 3, 2014

Pierce's swim meet

I mentioned before that the kids are swimming this fall/winter. They did so well this summer that we decided to keep it going and they are swimming for the club Duke City Aquatics. Pierce decided to compete in the Duke City Spookacular meet, which was pretty brave of him (I thought). The kids that swim club swim all year long, and they mostly practice 4 or 5 times a week (we only make it twice if we're lucky). So the competition was tough, but he did a great job!

I had to leave and go do a photo session (which I had scheduled a month before I knew about the swim meet) so Matt took a couple of videos for me. Here is Pierce's 100 free:

And here is his 50 backstroke. He did great! We especially loved his turn.

I didn't take any pictures with my real camera, but here are all 3 kids at the end of the meet from my phone. 



When we got the results it was crazy - the kids in the 11-12 year old age group are soooooo fast. He came in about 9th in most of his events (he swam a 200 IM, the 100 freestyle, a 50 breast and 50 back). Swimming every day makes such a difference! But Pierce is undeterred, and he realizes that he was probably the very youngest one in the age group. He's going to keep at it and I'm excited to see how he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment